AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere 1770NT Planter Hydraulic Problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ridge Valley Cropper
Posted 4/21/2024 10:56 (#10714483)
Subject: Deere 1770NT Planter Hydraulic Problems

SCWisconsin

John Deere 1770NT hydraulic problems. A little long winded, sorry.

What happens when LOCAL / REGIONAL Deere can’t get it fixed?
My point of this post is NOT to diagnose the actual problem, regarding hydraulic components. Yet having said that, I will briefly state what is going on.

First things first: Deere Tech is no slouch, plus he is in contact with a ‘guru’ located somewhere in North Central Iowa. (?). This guy specializes with DB planters.
On speaker he states: “this makes no sense”, considering all trouble shooting and actions that have taken place, so far. I also have past industrial hydraulic knowledge, so I have a ½ an idea of troubleshooting steps.

A little about planter: 1770NT, 12 row. Worked perfect (hydraulically) for years. Integrated markers. Tractor: does it matter? shouldn’t, but: Massey 7722 S. 50 GPM pump.

Here’s what’s going on:
Goes up & down perfectly. Doesn’t slouch/sag overnight in Transport (folded up), or folded out in Plant mode. This seems to eliminate any cylinders leaking.

THE ISSUE: Folded out, in PLANT MODE; goes up level, but then center section (Main frame) continues into transport. Wing cylinders are stroked out, but now wing tool bars are sagging in relation to center. Going back down, now places side load on wing tires and hubs. Took out right side hub bearings last season. Planter will level out (rephase) on ground.
Where integrated markers play into my problem. Planter goes into transport before markers are up. I can all but mask (NOT solve) the hydraulic issue by timing the lift cycle. 6 seconds prevents transition to transport extension. All good and level! 7 to 8 seconds gets markers all the way up, but tool bar is now wonky.

Lastly: we have replaced more cartridges, reliefs, rephasing parts known to man. Still not fixed. And no….. planter hydraulic design correctly operating, will NOT allow plant mode to go into transport extension! One guy told me that is normal. NOPE!

Luckily, I think I can plant as is, just have to watch marker positions.

Back to the original post question. Where do I go if we can’t get this fixed with local / regional expertise? My Tech is almost admitting that my case is rapidly approaching one of his toughest mysteries.

Ghost Busters?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)