AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Denninger on diet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/27/2023 08:16 (#10062713)
Subject: Denninger on diet

Pittsburg, Kansas
Karl Denninger, never one to mince words, gives some information on what to eat to reduce fat or keep from getting fat.

I link to him because he would be the original person who planted the seed of change in me for a low carb diet. He discovered it 10 years ago. I can't remember what year it was, but probably around 7-8 years ago I had occasion to have dinner with him and about 9 other people at a restaurant after a conference (a Doug Casey financial conference, he was one of the speakers) . I remember eying the pie he didn't eat thinking that second piece would sure taste good. But being polite I did not request it. He was trim and fit. I was portly.

On the way out we ended up walking together to the parking lot. Don't remember what caused the conversation to turn to eating, but he told me to "cut out the carbs". Said he was vastly over weight and had lost that extra weight after cutting out the carbs and was keeping it off. I presume he saw I could benefit from losing a few or more pounds. That was it. Just that suggestion many years ago. I was on insulin at the time but did not heed his advice.

Only years later remembering what he had said, I started checking into the low carb community on YouTube and started learning about cutting out the carbs. (I had done the Adkins diet for a while in between and it was helping, but was not able to keep it up socially/mentally, didn't understand the mechanism).

So I guess here is the original guy that got me to thinking about how low carb might improve my health. He says he has been on it 10 years, nearly 4 years for me now. Sometimes it takes a little spark a while to turn into a fire.

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=247983

Edited by John Burns 1/27/2023 10:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)