AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How does a STS combine "identify" the connected header?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

OettingAgService
Posted 6/26/2022 07:44 (#9721563)
Subject: How does a STS combine "identify" the connected header?

West Central Missouri
9770 STS combine. 635f hydraflex header.

How does the combine identify the header? What tells it whether it's a platform, or corn head, whether it has hydraflex, etc?

Machine combo above belongs to a friend I tried to help. The objective was to set up the combine rigid, for wheat, using the factory height sensors. We plugged them in at the three pin weatherpack connector on the left side of the header. Verified valid voltage readings for left, center, and right height sensors, plus verified they go to 0 if the connector in question is disconnected, further verifying the correct connection.

The header fails calibration. It tries to run and calibrate like a flex header in ground contact operation. You can't even get through the header calibration, as the calibration routine forces you to lower the hydraflex pressure. This was the first clue it wasn't properly identifying that the header is in rigid mode, and should calibrate to the height sensors instead of the contact sensors.

The dealer told my friend "the manual controls work, just drive it", which I thought was kinda ****ty, but not really anything I can do anything about. Just wanted to help him if I could.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)