AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bill Gates buying land in ND
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

German Shepherd
Posted 6/9/2022 13:04 (#9697912)
Subject: Bill Gates buying land in ND

Here is part of a story from the Forum, can't link it because of the pay wall.   I only copied part of it, but you get the picture.   The only surprise for me is the price.   I sure thought Red River Valley land was worth more than $6,600 an acre.

GRAFTON, N.D. — An entity associated with Bill Gates, the billionaire owner of Microsoft, appears to have purchased about 2,100 acres of northern Red River Valley farmland in North Dakota in a deal quietly worked out with the owners of Campbell Farms, a potato farming group headquarted in Grafton, North Dakota, last November.

Nobody involved in the deal seems eager to talk about it.

Public deeds show the transaction totals about $13.5 million, with a rough average price in two counties of $6,400 per acre. Pembina County transfers break down to about $6,600 per acre. The Walsh County documents are complicated by river boundaries, but the sale price calculates to about $6,000.

The Pembina records show “grantors” (sellers) are brothers “William T. (‘’Bill") Campbell, a married individual, Gregory T. (‘Greg") Campbell, a married individual and Thomas S. ("Tom") Campbell, a single individual.” Agweek left phone messages, emails and texts for Tom and Greg and visited offices of Bill at Campbell Properties, Fargo, without a response.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)