AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CDL from before..........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

plowboy
Posted 5/4/2009 22:56 (#703175 - in reply to #703020)
Subject: RE: CDL from before..........

Brazilton KS

The guy has no clue what he is talking about.  Hazmat has absolutely nothing at all to do with restricted use pesticides.  Let me rephrase that....restrictred use has absolutly nothing to do with hazmat.  Atrazine is not hazmat.  Roundup is not hazmat. Banvel is not hazmat to the best of my knowledge.  Crop oil might be hazmat. Triflirilin is hazmat, and off the top of my head, that's the only herbicide that comes to mind.    If it is hazmat, and it is in a correctly labled container, then there will be placards on the container and you will get a MSDS and bill of lading when it is loaded.   If you get a hazmat endorsement, you will be familiar with a nifty little book that identifies and classifies all types of 'hazardous materials,' and I will assure you that it never once makes mention of the term 'restricted use pesticide.'

All the rest of the stuff depends a lot on what you are and what you are hauling on.  If you are a farmer in a farm vehicle, the rules are different then if you are a commercial carrier.  

Everything it laid out in black and white in the KSA and in the hazmat license study manual.  What some guy somewhere (me or the guy at the DMV, doesn't matter) tells you means nothing, or at least is only relevent up until you go to court with his ticket.  What the law says is what matters.  

I'm finished with this topic of discussion.  I'm at the point where I really could care less what information or misinformation anyone else wants to believe.  Have fun!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)