AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How young is to young to help on the farm?? pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

adsfarm
Posted 5/4/2009 11:11 (#702636 - in reply to #702048)
Subject: RE: How young is to young to help on the farm?? pics

NE Iowa
My kids have been helping simce they could touch the pedals. My son love s the skidloader and wont give up a chance to run it, hes 13, my 11 year old daughter gave me a story to tell this weekend.
I went out o see if it was dry enough to go on Sat., made a round with the finisher and seen it was working well, but I need a couple wrenches to adjust a shank I called to the house and my youngest answered, told her I needed 2 3/4 wrenches, a vice grip and a hammer. Asker her is she could get my oldest to bring them out, well about 15 minutes later I see my truck comin through the field as it gets closer I see a very small person in it, I get up to it it stops and out pops my 11 year old, she goes to the tool box, grabs the wrenches and hammer, goes to the cab and brings out a cooler and starts walkin to the tractor. When she gets there I asked her what she was doing? Im bringing you the stuff you needed, plus I figured you would get hungry so I made you a couple sandwiches. No I said why are you driving the truck? Well I sure wasnt gonna walk! she said,lmao
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)