AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hydraulic detents: Modern timed verse conventional pressure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

seedcleaner
Posted 4/27/2009 13:16 (#694629)
Subject: Hydraulic detents: Modern timed verse conventional pressure

Mid-Missouri
I am not 100% sold on the modern style of timed hydraulic outlets compared to the conventional method of kicking out once the pressure built up. Unless I don't understand it fully, on a new tractor, if you want the implement to raise fully and lower fully, you must set the timer longer than it is required to do each function. On top of that, it may take a different amount of time to do either raise or lower. Therefore, you must set the time for the longer of the two operations. In doing so, isn't the tractor still trying to supply full psi to the implement even though it is fully extended or retracted until the timer is up? I don't like this concept as I feel it is a waste of energy and possibly hard on equipment. (hoses cylinders etc...) I do understand one reasoning to going to this is that you don't have unwanted hyd. kickouts of the detent. I just wish, say on a new deere 8x30 tractor that you could have the option to going to the conventional method of simply fully raising or lowering with a detent that kicks out once finished.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)