AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What gas grill should I buy??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 4/26/2009 20:07 (#693833 - in reply to #693776)
Subject: Re: What gas grill should I buy??

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
I just got a 3 burner stainless steel model made by Superb /Broil master. Overkill for my needs, (big with $800 list price) but the quality is great and it cooks so well, no hot or cold spots, cast iron grates . Have only done chicken breast pieces with it so far, but turn the heat down for a slow cook and the flavor is better than anything I have done or bought anywhere else.
The story on this thing is that we had a bunch of brownie points build up from buying seed / herbicides at the local agronomy outfit, and had to use them up before a certain date. Looked through the online catalog and decided we could use a DVD recorder and a new barbecue to replace our awful meat burning $79 Wall mart special. Found A barbecue listed listed without much description but thought it should be good enough. My first hint that the barbecue was going to be a little more than I expected, came when the UPS truck left it for us at a business in town (terrible winter roads, so the delivery trucks did not run in the country) My jaw dropped a little when I saw the box that filled almost a pickup box and weighed 200 pounds. Got it home and did the assembly, the quality is such that it was a joy to work on it. I am far too tight to whip out the check book and pay that kind of money for such a thing, but we got it now and it is a joy to look at and use. I suspect their smaller models have as good a quality.
Attached is a picture of when we assembled it in the kitchen on a 20 below day last winter. LOL.

Edited by Jon Hagen 4/26/2009 20:16

($800 stainless steel grill.JPG)

(Grilled chicken.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments $800 stainless steel grill.JPG (16KB - 130 downloads)
Attachments Grilled chicken.JPG (55KB - 124 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)