AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need a link
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Robert W Greif
Posted 4/26/2009 08:59 (#693124)
Subject: Need a link

Dallas Center IA 515-720-2463
For Exactra - The NH3 system

It would help if I could figure out how to spell it. Google cannot figure out my attempts.

Put my NH3 on friday. Frist time in my own field since the hand deal, felt good.

Got it all done without shutting off the engine.
Was worryed about getting the hose hooked up, but it was OK, just not easy.

Too many sick tractors: #1 NH# tractor, still have not got the hydraulic problem in the A-C 7080 fixed.
#2 NH3 tractor White 2-155. It looks like it needs a clutch job.

Could/should have used the Oliver 2255, but no AC, hard on the ears, and it is supposed to be retired.

Deere 4630. Got the duals on her this spring, has taken me two years to get that done. A set of 8430 or 8630 offset cast wheels, plus the 18.4-38 rims and tires from the burnt 2-105.
Problem with the 4630 is I did not want to unhook the planter. seven hydraulic hoses and a whole lot of cables.

So I used my new to me last year White 2-135.
I figured if the 2-155 would pull the 13 shank machine, the 2-135 would also, just slower. Pretty much the same tractor except power setting.
No duals for the 2-135, a set of brand new Firestone 20.8R-38 last year, $2600-
But with the loader attaching frame, plus my 1100 3-point weight and the quick-couplier the weight would be close to the 2-155.
The 2-135 did fine. Low side of 4th, 5 mph plus more than 5 mph minus. Slip was not bad at all.
Engine was running very warm, but was holding it's water. Would have run in the next gear up if the heat gauge had stayed a bit more to the left.

Kinda nice to put on NH3 at John Deere speed, rides nice at 5 mph vs 7-8.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)