AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

'Technical'/official name for...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TxFarmer
Posted 4/25/2009 22:04 (#692764 - in reply to #692742)
Subject: RE: 'Technical'/official name for...

Panhandle of Texas

First off, thanks for the info.  Reply #1 is the closest description (pic) of what I was referring to & what I have seen.  I had always called it a 'coulter cart', myself, but thought it to be a little different because of the liquid fert. capability. *BTW: The one I saw had that Orthman brownish-green color on the toolbar.  Anyone happen to know a url/link to Orthman's version of the pic in reply #1?

Omar - 4/25/2009 21:39 Many of these carts have the ability to carry liquid starter fertilizer. It's cheaper and less cumbersome than towing another implement behind the planter or drill.

So you really think that one of these things would be less cumbersome than simply towing a tank behind your planter?  See, I thought just the opposite...I thought having a cart such as this would be more cumbersome, assuming I had enough tractor to operate the heavy planter (12 row stacker CIH 1200, in this case) in the first place.

I already have a strip till rig, but want the option to maybe put down some [additional] starter while I plant.  Don't you think the easiest/cheapest way to go about this would be to simply pull a tank behind my planter, or should I get a set-up simular to reply #1?  My way of thinking says that the addition of a hitch (to/behind my planter), and a tank in tow would be the cheapest route to drip some starter.  Please advise.

Edited by TxFarmer 4/25/2009 22:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)