AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

8410 hyd troubles still
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kb ag
Posted 4/25/2009 18:07 (#692583)
Subject: 8410 hyd troubles still

nc ks
Put the new pump on the right side of the tractor today (secondary piston pump) and it did not solve my problems. I was able to use it for a couple hours before it gave me the low clean oil resevoir lights and bells, but it is acting the same as it was before now. JD tech was positive it was that pump bypassing too much oil. I asked him about the basket or baffle in the differential housing and he said that problem had been fixed on the 10 series.

I guess I am down to the hyd charge pump, the clean oil resevoir sensor ( but the differential gets over-full so I still don't think it is that but it would be the cheapest and easiest to try next), or the basket or baffle thing that whitedirtfarmer is talking about. It is doing it now without using any external hydraulics. The one other thing in the back of my mind is I put a JD 3 function joystick on it this winter which involved plumbing into the power beyond, but I am pretty sure I followed the instructions of where to put things (the joystick works perfectly).

Any new ideas or re-inforcements of above thoughts would be much appreciated.

Edited by kb ag 4/25/2009 18:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)