AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need Help with 3690 Massey Hydraulics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bushed52
Posted 4/25/2009 15:06 (#692503)
Subject: Need Help with 3690 Massey Hydraulics

NW Iowa
My 1992 3690 has trouble raising the wings on my planter. When I plug a pressure gauge into the remote, I get 2500 psi for several seconds before it drops off to 1500. The 3690 service manual is more than a little vague when it comes to the hydraulics. So I have several questions. There are two pumps on the American version with each having their own high pressure relief valves. Is the output of the two pumps combined or does the right pump supply valves 1 & 2 and the left pump supply valve 3 and the three point? When I pulled the pressure relief valve on the right side, it was seated into a metal washer. Is that all that they used to seal the pressure side from the relief side? There was an O-ring at the top of the valve, but it was so hard that I destroyed it getting it out. Is it a true O-ring or is it a special cut? And what's the deal with the ball at the bottom of the valve that the parts book shows is separate, but in mine, looks like it was pressed in during manufacture? There aren't many 3600 series tractors in my area and the dealers don't have anyone very familiar with them. Any help would be appreciated. The service manuals on the old 1100 series were a hell of a lot better.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)