AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone Else Have the Uncanny Knack of Getting Stuck?? :)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

zeefarmer9
Posted 4/23/2009 22:51 (#691175)
Subject: Anyone Else Have the Uncanny Knack of Getting Stuck?? :)

Swift Current, Sask
So am I the only one "blessed" with this gene, or is there someone else somewhere that has the "ability" to find any and every wet and soft spot in a field, yard, ditch? My family gets a real kick recalling the countless times I have gotten stuck and have needed assistance. I think the only "cure" for this genetic abnormality is to move to Phoenix or Las Vegas.

Take today for instance. Pumping out lowspots so they are dry enough for me to drive a sprayer or drill through them. Get back to the field, pump isn't pumping. Driving along in the 2wd field truck, trying to figure out if it ran out of gas,or if the hose came apart. Trying to see if I can't get close enough to hear it. Inevitably, I drive to close and get that sinking feeling. Try to back up, no use. Thankful I have a cell phone. Phone my dad up, ask kindly to come with the 4wd pickup. I'm sure I can hear him snickering.

This particular lowspot and I have had our run in's before in the past. I can recall 4 offhand. I make a mental note (AGAIN)not to get to close, as I seem to push my luck. I typically get stuck at least twice in the spring, usually with the sprayer.

Anyone have any stories you'd like to tell? It sure would make me feel a little better! I'm just thankful I don't live in an area that receives more rain than we do. Sometimes it pays to live where it's dry(er). :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)