AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

modified 900 hrf planter pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kevin wcmo
Posted 4/21/2009 15:54 (#688422 - in reply to #687742)
Subject: RE: modified 900 hrf planter pics

mora
thanks for the kind words. i dont know if there is a kit availible per say. the parts were take offs of a 16 row planter, converted to a 32 row bean planter with the cyclo hoppers, the way i understand it. don, the pump u see is a diaphram pump. it will be used to put some starter fertilizer(32%, 12-0-0-26, zinc, boron, ect) down with the tubes u see in the on photo in front of the closing disk. i dont know if i am going to like this or not, but i didnt have time how to figure out a way to put a fertilizer opener on for this year, we'll see. the filters are a progressive setup, larger screen than smaller screen, they are for the fertilizer. the reason for this is because i use orfices in the nozzle bodys to regulate pressure and flow from the pump. the hose aint hooked up to the filters from the tanks on the tractor yet. i just made a jack shaft to drive off of the shaft that drives the seed transmission. when the planter picks up the drive wheel does also. there is a fan on the other side of the cooler. all i did was run a hot wire from the tractor to the thermostat that is in the incoming leg of the cooler, out to the fan, and then grounded the wire. when the thermostat heats up it completes the circuit and the fans turns on. just have to make sure fan is turning the right way. at first the gooseneck ball was temporary to just move around, untill i had a chance to make the strap for the drawbar, but i think i am going to keep it. it cant come off, unless it breaks the shank off, cuse u have to bolt it down through the pintle hitch. i did have to turn down the flared portion of the bottom of the ball.

kevin
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)