AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Straight truck and pup trailer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jakescia
Posted 4/21/2009 10:55 (#688227 - in reply to #687696)
Subject: RE: Straight truck and pup trailer-- We run both pups and semis.........

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

From a "management perspective"------the pups make more sense..........haul enough........4-5000lbs short................but a lot more flexible.  Pups are dumps, with three-door grain boxes like the trucks..........really flexible.  Drop the pups if wet or can keep up, add the pups for hauling fertilizer, etc.

We put plastic in all the boxes, so can haul litter, whatever, nearly as handy as the belt semi trailers.

Get in tighter places.

Need only to have regular licenses in IA..........no special licenses required to run truck and pup within 150 air miles.

Semis are, however, much more comfortable to drive.......don't have that weight on the frame like on straight truck.

Need at least an Iowa Class D chauffers license to drive semi within 150 air miles.

Semis look cooler............at least that is what my guys tell me.

My guys will work their butts off to avoid using the pups, as compared to the semis. 

In fact, I am probably going to sell 2 of our three pups this fall--------with the belt trailers, and the propensity to use the semis, just don't need them.

However----again----from a "management perspective"--------I think the pups USUALLY make more sense.............but semis look cooler!.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)