AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

10 sp autoshifts semi's
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MidMOfarmer
Posted 4/20/2009 13:53 (#686938 - in reply to #686773)
Subject: RE: 10 sp autoshifts semi's

Both of ours are auto shifts and we wouldnt trade them for anything else. Weve used one for over 5 years and the other for 2 or 3 without a problem. I also know of several others around with autos that like them. I was under the assumption that it is just a regular 10 speed that is shifted electronically so I dont think the gearing is different than any other 10 sp but I may be wrong. The only real difference is, it shifts perfect everytime and never misses a gear. It will also use the Jake sometimes to grab a gear a little quicker. You still use the clutch when taking off and stopping. When pulling out of a field you can put it in "Hold" and it wont shift unless hit the up or down button on the shifter handle. The only thing I can think of would be what they call an "Ultrashift" may not work as well pulling out of a field. Dad's OTR truck has this and it doesnt have a clutch, just put in gear and hit the pedal. Ive only driven it in the driveway and it just kind of slips as you are taking off and then you can tell when it locks up like normal. I dont know how the clutch or whatever it is works, but I can imagine it may not take off well taking out of a soft field. Maybe thats what the dealer was talking about.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)