AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

lightbar purchase raven vs ag leader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mcupps
Posted 4/19/2009 23:10 (#686370 - in reply to #686256)
Subject: Re: lightbar purchase raven vs ag leader

Downtown Shell Knob MO Come Visit!
I have an trimble 250 with the 15hz antenna and I love it, the only problem I have found is that if your spraying real fast (15 mph or so) it has trouble keeping up, Ive notice If I turn around real fast in a headland, i have to turn the booms back on a little before the screen shows, I heard the 500 udated its signal more times a second or something like that, I couldnt justify the money for just a bigger screen, but I wonder if the 500 is faster, I was in the same boat you were, and had some guys tell me that the on the freeform setting with the cruzier if you are in a headland it trys guideing you based on the headland, and doesnt line you up with your last pass until you are actually out of the headland in in the next pass, thats one of the reason I went with 250, maybe someone that has a cruizer can defend it.

I read a quote in a magazine last month from a overseas gps rep that said United States farmers buy the best deal in guidence just to discover that they want something better and then upgrade two years later but still dont go all out and then upgrade two years later when they think they have enough money, and they end up spending 3 times the money that they would have if they would have gotten the package they wanted ther first time. Thats basically where Im at right now, I would like direct commmant or boom command and ezsteer but a 250 will only run ezsteer and not the direct/seed command. A cruizer will run smartboom/ smartrow, that might be a consideration for you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)