AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stabilizer arm on JD 930 flex platform
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 11/16/2006 09:16 (#62230 - in reply to #62185)
Subject: RE: I wonder about the wobble box itself

Brazilton KS

We put the SCHumacher drive on my 930F when it needed a wobble box after the first year we had it.  The record, though, goes to the other 930F which we bought the year before.  It was used...had cut about 1000 acres of wheat before we bought it.  We had the wobble box off of it approximately 45 minutes after we picked it up with the combine for the very first time.  It got a heavy duty Deere box the beginning season before my SCH went on at the end.

The SCHumacher has done three seasons now with nothing but regular greasing.  That is what will go on the other heads whenever they need wobble boxes.   We're pleased with it, and the cost is not much different then the Deere heavy duty box.   If you add in the two sickle heads that have been replaced on the heavy duty wobble box in the same time, I think they will be about the same $$.

The SCHumacher does away with the shake in the cutterbar.  Compared to the wobble boxes, it runs very smooth.  You don't have to back down your groundspeed to protect the head  when you hit a grassy spot in soybeans. 

The SCHumacher is in the Deere parts catalog.  Look at the "Argentina only" sickle drive.   It is also used on the 600 series head, but the 600 uses the long stroke version for the big sickle sections.   The gearbox is cheaper from SI distributing then from Deere.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)