AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere 40-series SCV's -- next question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 11/14/2006 20:51 (#61607 - in reply to #61541)
Subject: Re: Deere 40-series SCV's -- next question

Brazilton KS
Dave, the problem with that theory is that Deere built the 50 series at the same time as the ISO conversions....well, actually the first version of the ISO conversions. The 50 series ISO couplers work wonderfully. Probably better then any other Pioneer couplers I have used, including the 7000 series which replaced them. Deere has had at least two and I think three or more versions of the ISO conversions. The first one did not have the couple/uncouple lever. I've not used them. Apparently they had problems becuase they were discontinued and replaced. The current style works okay, but the stop which keeps the uncouple lever from overtraveling is ineffective and they tend to leak ALOT. In my opinion the conversion kits problems must result from trying to make something fit in a space which was never designed to accomodate it, or else they result from a 'solution' which was produced without committing sufficient resources....give that it took at least two trys to get to where we are now, I would think that they would have devoted enough resources to get it done the second time even if they botched it the first time, which brings me back to the first cause??

There is no problem which I can see in replacing the converted couplers with unconverted ones. I can't think of anything which would prevent you from just rebuilding them using original parts instead of the conversion kit parts, which would have the same result as installing freshly rebuilt cone style couplers. Ron or MSB might correctly me, but I do not believe installing the conversion required any non-reversible changes...I know it required no machine work. In my opinion, the best solution would be to replace them with 50 series SCV's, which to the best of my knowledge should bolt right on. This would give you ISO couplers which work well....in my opinion the 50 series ISO is better then the 20-30-40 series cone style.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)