AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Custom Planters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

btfarmer
Posted 4/14/2009 23:37 (#680814 - in reply to #680320)
Subject: Re: Custom Planters

W Mn
I am going on my third season with a wilrich toolbar and JD 7300 max units, 24 row on 22" rows. I already had a 12 row and was able to find another that matched mine perfectly. The toolbar came with pretty good instructions and my local dealer was a big help. It's not that difficult of a job if you have a decent sized shop. I was only able to fold out one wing at a time. You just have to be fussy, do a good job of measuring and take your time. The planter works great in the field. I haven't had any issues. Its not as heavy as a DB bar and travelling down the road is probably not as good. It's pretty wide but is still a little narrower than the 12 row was. Added liquid fert last year and the bar seems to handle the extra weight pretty good. I usually fill them after I get to the field and don't fill them any fuller than necessary. Cost, I definately saved some money. It helped that I already owned one planter and I have been able to sell some leftover parts as well. It just depends on how new of units you want. I don't think you would save any money if you used new units.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)