AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would it take to convert planter from VAC to finger?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 4/12/2009 22:07 (#678279 - in reply to #677995)
Subject: RE: If I understand you correctly......

West Union, Illinois

I won't be needing E-Sets if I go vacuum.
I think you are confusing esets with the Precision finger meter  The esets are designed to replace the JD vac disks (see http://www.precisionplanting.com/eset-vacuum/index.shtml)

It replaces the standard JD disks

with their design

It doesn't have the indentations in the disk, allows one vacuum setting regardless of seed size or shape, and is thicker so the seed falls straight down the seed tube.  It is more than just a disk, in involves some parts you put inside the meter, a new singulator, etc,  It takes an hour to put the first meter together, then 10 minutes each for the rest of the rows once you figure out what you are doing.

We have the Precision finger Meters on our male planter (6 row 7000 we use the outside rows on).  They work fantastic.  But you are going to have more maintenance on them and seed size and shape will be more of a factor.

Without the esets a vac is a bit of a headache.  You have to be very aware of seed weight, vac settings, and constantly fiddle with it.  They sell the esets as set once and go and everyone I have talked with seems to do just that.

Edited by Mike SE IL 4/12/2009 22:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)