AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Art work masterpiece/engineering question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ry0972
Posted 4/12/2009 13:36 (#677830 - in reply to #677340)
Subject: Re: Art work masterpiece/engineering question

central sask
You are dealing with double the yields we can ever achieve, The amount of straw is likely only a 50% increase though. End delivery will never lay a "nice" swath. If you cut perpendicular the seed rows and it was seeded on a 7 or 8" spacing it will pick-up pretty well. We use Swathmaster pickups now but the Rake-up (same company, now owned by Macdon i believe ) will pick any crop/swath up. Your plan would be the best way to achieve what you want "but" i cant see any way to make it work without A LOT of metal work, time and the possibility of header failure during "prime time" .
I have dumped the full 30' of 50+ bu/acre barley out the end when i had my 97 Premier 2930 w/960 header. 50 bu crop will be 2 1/2 - 3' high at best here.
How long have you had the swather? do you have the trip del option? If so , try shortening the tables right up and slide one part way over and try cutting something if possible. If you think it mite be a big enough opening then you could remove the short right hand canvas unit and get another 20+ inches of hole width.
I sold my swather about 4 years ago but in the 7 seasons i ran(cutting 3500+ acres/year) it i laid a bunch of crops at 50-60 ft. Also cut some 35 bu Canola and fit the full 30' out the hole (there was some plugging but that usually was caused by bunching out near the ends that would plug the hole when it got there). Now have a 36' Honey Bee and a 30' Agco, (7000 acres but straight cut the barley, mustard, fall rye and any short wheat)neither have sliding table options but the individual tables are held in place with only 2 or 3 bolts and can be moved by hand. The Agco header would be easier to use as a starting point for what you want and i think is a better header. The tables are designed like the 960 and could be easily split and moved around. Hydraulic hoses are even long enough and set up for it. Gauge wheels are at the ends also.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)