AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spring work has started in North Central Illinois!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

FactoryFarmer
Posted 4/12/2009 20:55 (#678173 - in reply to #677206)
Subject: Re: Spring work has started in North Central Illinois!!!

N IL
BiggieDubbs, Thanks, we used to put the stuff in the cab (sweeps, shares, shanks, etc.) but it got to the point where there was no room for your feet! The toolbox helps alot.

AGCOfan, thanks, this was only 30 acres of oats, we are still mainly corn and soybeans.

Grow, thanks, It sure is time to do something!

Thanks Paul Butler, I should mention the biggest reason this field is fit is because it is at the top of the a very huge hill where the wind always blows at least 10-15 MPH faster than anywhere else, but most of our other ground is fit to work.

Thanks Ron, kind of going back here but the biggest reason we are growing oats is because nobody else is! Also I should mention, we raise goats (meat and dairy) so alot of these will be for our personal feed use.

Thanks joe, agboy, and MAD MAX!

ndarbuckle, it is a just a precleaner, we put them on all of our tractors because they really do help to keep the filters cleaner. That one is so big because of the amount of air that the engine needs. I can't remember the name of the company that makes them but this one says Deere on the side even though they do not make it.

trakman, yes it occurs more than you might think. Not only from roading but also in the field, mainly from either deer antlers or an old piece of iron that must have fell off of something years ago. Our tires on the mainframe go bald every 2-3 years just from going down the road! You'd hate to be caught a ways from hoe with a flat tire.

tony2tall, yep, there is alot! And they are not very fin to farm around either...

Thanks everyone for the questions and comments this is a great community!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)