AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planting into aggressive track tracks?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hardietack
Posted 4/11/2009 12:24 (#676885)
Subject: Planting into aggressive track tracks?

SE ND
This spring i'm planning to pull a DB 66 (36 row 22") with a 9530T equipped with the 36in 5500 Camoplast severe duty track. I'm a bit worried about the two rows that will be planting into the middle of the track tracks and the 4 rows just outside of the tracks. I'm concerned about the tracks disturbing the ground causing mud to build up on the planter units and also any stand issues in those rows that any of you that are doing something similar may have had with this sort of setup. I deal with a lot of heavy black clay and, as most of you have heard, extreme SE North Dakota is going to be very wet this spring so I know there are going be plenty of situations where i'm planting on a grey top but underneath it is very mucky. I'm planning to use row cleaners where the tracks are to try to level the soil a bit because i fear the deep lug of the track will cause too much row unit bounce on those units planting in the tracks. Anyone use Schlagel wire gauge wheels in this type of situation where they know mud buildup on the planter units is going to be an issue?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)