AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Interstate Commerce - Medical Card, Inspection, USDOT #, 24,000# GVCWR OH MY!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Iowa Quality Hay
Posted 4/10/2009 23:17 (#676503)
Subject: Interstate Commerce - Medical Card, Inspection, USDOT #, 24,000# GVCWR OH MY!!!

Grabill, Indiana
The good Lord was smiling down on me yesterday!

I was travelling to a feed mill in Ohio to pickup 5 tons of feed for our feed store. As I passed St. Marys, Ohio I passed a Ohio Commercial Enforcement Officer without any cares in the world, at least not until I saw his lights flashing in my rearview. His first words were "I haven't decided if I am going to inspect you or not."

Needless to say I am glad he did not and that he took the time to explain the regulations that I need to follow. I have a bunch of catching up to do. He also said "Before you return to Ohio you need: Medical card, USDOT # and have it on the truck, have Inspection stickers on both the truck and trailer, and be ready for an inspection"

He also suggested calling the Indiana State Police Post to get assistance from them on getting in compliance. Of course it gets really confusing since we will be hauling for commerce for our feed store and for our farm with hay and equipment so it seems best to get everything in order so I don't get in trouble next time.

I have an appointment for the vehicle inspections and my medical card on Monday and will call the Indiana State Police also to get their assistance. I am sure I will need their help as I attempted to read the regulations on the Indiana and USDA sites and even with a Ph.D. I am confused.

Without a doubt I will be saying a bunch of extra prayers this weekend!

Jim

Edited by Iowa Quality Hay 4/10/2009 23:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)