AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tedbear and others tablet question for wifi camera.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/24/2020 20:53 (#8513626 - in reply to #8513428)
Subject: RE: Tedbear and others tablet question for wifi camera.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I got this $64 one from Wal-Mart. They have a smaller somewhat cheaper model from this company but didn't have one in stock. This one seems like a nice size for me. I could not find the Cam Hi app but did find the Cam Hi Pro app which works with this tablet. The requirements you listed are correct and this one fits the situation. I was able to get it to work with both my cameras from Larsen Lights but I will only be using one at a time so I purposely deleted my home WiFi network and the other camera for now.

The picture is originally shown in the Portrait Orientation but can be changed to Landscape. I did need to change the setting on the tablet so that it "stays awake" all the time. In Landscape the tablet is mounted sideways and the picture covers the entire screen. It came with a micro charging cable which I plug into my Ag Leader InCommand since it is close.

I had a great use for it just this morning. The unloading auger had problems on my combine and a tech brought out a new vertical auger and rebuilt gearbox. It started to rain while we were working on it but we were near a open shed so we could back it in to work on it out of the rain. Backing in was rather tight. The Deere Tech stood behind the combine and directed me through the camera.

I had it on this afternoon while harvesting but didn't really need it. I'm sure there are many others that would work well but I'm happy with my choice. I just used large rubber bands to mount mine on the sun visor.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-8-Tablet-16GB-Storage-2GB-RAM-1-3-GHz...

Edited by tedbear 9/25/2020 05:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)