AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ron..NE ILL..10/48, Collegeboy follow up on Larsen wi-fi IP cam (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/18/2020 05:59 (#8501845 - in reply to #8501302)
Subject: RE: Ron..NE ILL..10/48, Collegeboy follow up on Larsen wi-fi IP cam (pics)

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I use that same camera from Larsen Lights to my iPhone 6 or iPad Pro. I use the suggested Cam Hi app on the devices. I mounted one atop a box that I can stick to a grain bin and point downwards toward the truck for loading out corn. I generally fill the back first and progressively back up. As I move back I want to stop so the corn is not deflected by the hoops for the tarp or the cross members. While watching the camera to back up to a good spot, I do need to lead my "stop" time a bit to account for the camera lag. It is possible to "see" the actual kernels of corn fall into the truck in a unique stop/start motion. All of this is very acceptable with a slight bit of practice.

I mounted another of these cameras o the rear of my combine. I was looking for a place to pick up switched power on the rear of my 9770. It would have been easy to wire the camera hot. I finally just ran a wire up the left side of the combine and ran the camera power cord into the cab where the heater hoses go through the outer wall. I then connected to the power strip inside the cab. I ran the cable along side other wiring harnesses and tie banded to them on its way from the rear to the cab. I was able to mount the camera bracket on an existing bolt for the back up alarm. I could have gotten power there but it would only have been hot in reverse. Part of my goal was to be able to see behind the combine while going forward in field and on the highway.

I have not actually used that camera yet but it seems fine in the yard.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)