AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ron..NE ILL..10/48, Collegeboy follow up on Larsen wi-fi IP cam (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 9/17/2020 19:38 (#8501211)
Subject: Ron..NE ILL..10/48, Collegeboy follow up on Larsen wi-fi IP cam (pics)

From the old 2018 thread that you both responded to this week.

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=825896

Finally got my Larsen wifi IP camera mounted on the combine auger today.

Many times I load over the ditch and the semi truck is higher up on the road. To get close enough the combine starts to dip down into the ditch. There are times where my rubber spout is almost as low as the tarp bows. This makes it really hard to judge and gauge how much grain is on the far side of the trailer as I can't see past the mound of grain in the middle.

This is not too bad but many times it is much lower than this.

I started out rolling some 1/4" flat bar stock with my HF tubing roller. I found a neat trick to avoid buying flat dies was to slide some PVC pipe over the tubing dies to be able to roll flat material.

After getting a section of bar stock curved to fit the auger cap at the end of the auger I welded on a bracket to mount the Larsen camera too.

I've been being extra careful after my injury last year and avoiding climbing on things like ladders. Seems the old bank barn just made the job much simpler. Managed to get the auger poked in the doors on the high side. To make installing this easy at floor level.

Here is the bracket and camera mounted on the end of the auger.

I decided to not power the camera all the time as I won't need it for every dump or situation. I decided to pick up power at the unloading auger light to avoid a long power cable and routing it around the swing mechanism of the auger and all the way back to the breaker panel or battery. This way I can turn on the lights which will power up the camera and make it viewable via the Cam Hi app on my phone.

My phone is held in a X- grip Ram Mount I made that attaches over the top of the control panel.

Here is a view looking into a J&M 250 wagon with good visibility of the far side of the wagon. Cam Hi lets you capture screen grabs right within the app as well.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)