AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hydraulic hookup on 1720 planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Colonel Potter
Posted 4/8/2009 07:56 (#673283 - in reply to #673270)
Subject: RE: Hydraulic hookup on 1720 planter

South Central Kansas
What tractor are you hooking up to? 8000 series? I also am in the process of hooking up a 1720 to a 8000 series deere. I got on deere's website and looked at the online manuals for seedstar, the planter, and the tractor to look at how they recomend to plumb the hyd. On my planter the vacuumns are on seperate scv's. The return hoses have a special fitting that looks like a pioneer, but doesn't have the ball in the center of the fitting. I think this is to prevent running the motor backwards and to let the hyd oil flow more freely. I am going to hook my hyd drive to power beyond because the planter was already plumbed that way from previous owner. The pressure hose on the hyd drive has a smaller hose tee'd at the pioneer coupler that goes to a quick coupler half the size of a regular pioneer fitting. I think this is for sensing the load or hyd flow coming out of power beyond to the drive motors to prevent damage. Also, my vacuum motors have a case drain for the hyd motors. It has a special flat face fitting on it and dumps straight back into the resevoir tank.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)