AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

One Pass System
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CND
Posted 4/8/2009 00:17 (#673128 - in reply to #672998)
Subject: Re: One Pass System

Anamoose, ND
Well we are going from a 1820 JD to a 5710 Bourgault, I can't see how a drill could get any worse than the 1820 we had. I know the 1835 is a different version of the 1820, but they do share some identical parts like the packer wheels. We had the three inch rubber press and we were constantly replacing rubber caps, I have heard every excuse from JD about the problems that we had with packer wheels, everything from bad batches of packer wheels to mud scrapers set too tight. We would go buy new, different supplier to JD, rubber cabs and 500 acres they were cracking right down the center. About once a week during seeding we would have to take a morning to replace rubber cabs.

I did not like the 1900 cart. We had the tow behind model and it would pull the drill downhill whenever you seeded across a hill, heck it wouldn't even take a hill to push the drill, even on the slightest slope it would push the drill a couple of feet. I absolutely hated the way the crop would come up, we had a 7.5 inch drill and going across hills our crop would damn near come up in 30 inch rows. The Bourgault tank uses a wagon style type of steering and it tracks almost dead on in hills.

I won't even start on all the welding that we done to keep the JD in the field.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)