AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thankfully today is coming to a close.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Orin
Posted 4/8/2009 01:47 (#673195 - in reply to #672935)
Subject: RE: Thankfully today is coming to a close.

Nusbaum Farms LLC Bellfountain, OR
Gee Don, you have those days too? Sunday evening after our phone visit, I was spraying some steep stuff and managed to toast the auto tranny in our spray buggy. I thought the shift from 1-2 was getting a little "mushy" last month, but had decided that it was all in my imagination. So anyway I slipped it bad Sunday night on the hill, but I thought I could "baby" it and get the spraying done.

Wrong. Monday I filled the tank and immediately knew it didn't have long in the world. It actually did better after it warmed up for a while, but I got all the fairly firm ground done and I figured that once I let my tires down to run in the slop, I'd fry it totally.

My suspicions were confirmed when I tried to get it on the trailer. Even after pointing the trailer downhill, I still couldn't get it to climb on. Reverse still seemed OK, so that's how I ultimately got on the trailer and home. I washed it while still on the trailer, then used up the last little bit of frictions in the tranny getting it in the shop. We dropped the trans Mon. afternoon, it's in Eugene getting rebuilt. Should have it back tomorrow. I can't complain, 13 years and 3600 hours is fairly respectable for automotive components being used in such a demanding application I suppose. I sure would have liked to finish the spraying while the weather was good though.

Nice action shots of Oso. If I gave Gracie a jug like that she would just give me a blank stare. :-)

-Orin
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)