AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WebODM Install and Run tutorial
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

deereboy8400
Posted 7/22/2020 19:55 (#8389942 - in reply to #8368819)
Subject: RE: WebODM Install and Run tutorial

East Central Indiana
6th Gen, what a great video, and thank you so much! I have very limited knowledge of DOS, don't know what GitBash is or why it's required instead of DOS, and have never heard of Docker. But your concise video is more than enough for someone with even less computer knowledge than me to be able to follow. I've read posts about how hard webODM (the free version) is to install, and decided to not even try...until you made this video.

I had one hangup, GitBash gave me this error:

ERROR: for webapp Cannot start service webapp: Ports are not available: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:8000: bind: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.

I don't know what ports are, but after a dozen or so google searches, I found that you can force webODM to open with a different port by using this command within GitBash (I chose 8001):

./webodm.sh restart --port 8001

Either way, GitBash will tell you the html to copy into your browser. Firefox is the browser I use, and it worked fine.

Aside from that hangup, your video worked to a tee. I began processing a 233 picture set that failed to stitch at mapsmadeeasy.com. Either Dronedeploy or my drone got lazy and took pictures too slowly during the middle of the flight. The stitch failed again in WebODM on my first attempt using the Fast Ortho setting. That process took 56 minutes. After that failed, I chose the Forest setting (as opposed to Fast Ortho). That setting took 135 minutes and succeeded.

Now that I can stitch maps for free instead of paying per photo, It'll be no problem to decrease altitude, increase overlaps, and get better maps. The forest setting probably won't be needed then.

Maps:

1- mapsmadeeasy.com failure

2- WebODM Fast Ortho mode failure

3- WebODM Forest mode success

Edited by deereboy8400 7/22/2020 19:59

(mapsmadeeasy failure (full).jpg)

(webodm failure (fast ortho) (full).jpg)

(Webodm success (forest mode) (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments mapsmadeeasy failure (full).jpg (108KB - 202 downloads)
Attachments webodm failure (fast ortho) (full).jpg (158KB - 221 downloads)
Attachments Webodm success (forest mode) (full).jpg (167KB - 221 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)