AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any last minute advice on Lexion combine !
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Muddy
Posted 3/29/2009 20:39 (#661411 - in reply to #661035)
Subject: Re: Any last minute advice on Lexion combine !

Gobbler's Knob
Having a good dealer close is critical to any brand. A dealer who is just selling 1 - 2 of any brand or type of machinery can't justify carrying an extensive inventory of repair parts just for 1 - 2 sales per year. That said, whenever my dealer, who has several hundred lexions running in the field, doesn't have a lexion part in stock, it only takes them next day to have me up and running. Claas has a huge parts depot just south of Indianapolis, that is easily within an hours drive of two of the world's largest depots for the worlds two largest overnight carriers (Fedex and UPS), so overnight parts is no problem. Besides, I think my dealer mentioned at meeting one time that they have a parts truck that stops at Claas every day as it makes its round by one of the Cat parts depot. It must, because my dealers here in IL always has everything I need.

Lexion's do have quite an appetite. I am convinced that you can run one class smaller Lexion against a class size or two larger competitor because of its APS system and two rotor separator. There are no conditions too tough for that system and yet still put out a grain sample like it were coming from easy to threshing conditions. They don't like fuel much either. I usually burn less than a gallon per acre with a 40' max flex head in any soybean conditions with my 585R.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)