AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calc an acre?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dvdwtrmn
Posted 3/24/2009 00:16 (#654524 - in reply to #653952)
Subject: Re: Calc an acre?

Northeast Missouri
I use a Calc-An-acre when I apply NH3. I use it monitor my true ground speed and the acres that I have applied NH3. I have a magnetic speed sensor that runs off the front wheel of my JD 4640. I also have a Run/Hold sensor on my hydraulic NH3 shut-off. I have a shut-off that has a small hydraulic cylinder that opens and closes a ball valve. I have a magnet attached to the On/Off indicator flag that is attached to the rotating stem on the ball valve and the sensor is attached to the body of the ball valve. When the valve opens it moves the magnet near the sensor and then activates the Run and counts the acres and when the valve is closing and the magnet moves away from the sensor it goes on Hold and stops counting. This should also work on the Continental and GROMO type shutoffs with On/Off indicator flags. Since this only counts acres while I am applying NH3 it also helps me fine tune my meter for a more accurate rate of NH3 being applied. When I hook up to a full tank of NH3 I zero out my Sub Area and when I am finished with that tank I take how much NH3 I had used out of that tank and divide it by the acres that tank had covered.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)