AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Purchased a Cat D5M XL dozer today (pics) 56k friendly
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmerknowsbest
Posted 3/18/2009 00:32 (#648059)
Subject: Purchased a Cat D5M XL dozer today (pics) 56k friendly

Morrisburg Ontario
So we went and looked at the D5M XL and found it to be in excellent condition. The tractor is a 2001 model and has 8690hours on it. We had a local dozer owner operator/friend look it over a few days ago and he said it was in excellent shape. The undercarriage is near new and the motor looks to be in excellent running shape.

Went through the 6-way blade, it is tight and at an idle picks the machine up in all functions. Transmission shifts smoothly, and over the course of the hour I ran it this morning breaking frozen dirt to try it out I got it changing directions smoothly too. STEEP LEARNING CURVE.

The tractor is plumbed for the ripper or winch attachment, as I understand it that is an expensive component and it is already installed.

The blade is 10'8" and has a new center cutting surface. Outer's are wore but still well below the blade itself. When is it time to change those?

Well, we bought the machine. Got a pretty good deal on it I think. Got a very heavy duty pin on root rake thrown in on the deal with teeth on 12" centers. Still need to find some sweeps and rear window screen for the bush work, but we now have the dozer we've been looking for.

Well I took some pics for you all. Here they are.

Warren

Pics are clickable thumbs, click to make bigger

Cab is in great shape!

What a view! LOL

It will really help make land clearing efficient when teamed up with our CX210 excavator.

Edited by farmerknowsbest 3/18/2009 00:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)