AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Holland combines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Downwardspiral
Posted 11/4/2006 07:09 (#57920 - in reply to #57898)
Subject: RE: New Holland combines

Northern Indiana
I think by the 99 series they got the bubble up auger problem sloved. They reversed the flighting and tapered the splines at the bottom of the auger. On the earlier ones you needed to keep the splines greased liberally.

The 99's, 98's, and I think late 97's had the genisis engine, mid 97's should have a ford and early a 3208 Cat with a turbo.

I looked at the combine on the website. Check all the clean grain elevator, lower sprokets and auger below the sieves. This many hours and its about time. Check the feeder house chain, upper sprockets and vains on the front of the rotors. Their is an access plate infront of rotors lets you 'feel' these. Rasp bars and concaves of course. Looks like it has a chopper, check the hammers there, they can be reversed once.

Seperator clutch and the 'brain box'for the reel speed control are about the only things that you really cant check well until it is in the field.

Personally I dont like the idea of a hopper topper on the machine. If it were supposed to carry more grain, New Holland would have made it that way.

This should give you a good idea of the machine. I really dont think he is too far out of line if you have a good dealer support. Dules and RWA are worth quite a bit if you were to add them later.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)