AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CIH 1200 universal drawbar support
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 3/15/2009 13:42 (#645141 - in reply to #644690)
Subject: Re: CIH 1200 universal drawbar support

Brazilton KS
Okay....question for the guys who are or have been using it.

Do you have electronic hitches that have to be syncronized every time the tractor it started? If so, how do you get the support into the proper position? We put ours on last night, but it was all that two of us could do to get it lined up and raised against the drawbar, and if you let pressure off, it moves. Our drawbar is not flat on bottom....it steps down and the hammerstrap bolts stick through right ahead of the hitch pin, to it has to be pulled up in just the right place.

I put the top clevis around the lift arms and put the pin in on top, because pinning them in the 3pt pins made the links angle severely because the 3pt arms are longer then the drawbar. If I put it on like Jay's, it will interfere with turning. The way I mounted it angles it the other way...top of links is closer to tractor then bottom. Looks like it would work okay but it's gonna be a pain to get set up every time the hitch is out of synch. Also, for some reason CIH gave us one bushing which is cat 3 and one which is about an eighth too big, but I can fix that. It looks to me like in order to use it reasonably effectively, I need to attach the support bar to the bottom of the drawbar so that it can't get out of position when you cycle the controls to synch the hitch electronics.

Jay, what keeps your from pulling up and getting the bottom of your hitch pin? What sort of rear tires do you have to carry that kind of weight on singles?

If anyone wants one of these, drop me an email. I will decide in the next couple days whether it is going to be used or we are going to fab something I like better. I'm leaning toward the latter.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)