AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ran my first Cat/Agco MT
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dutch
Posted 11/3/2006 00:44 (#57622 - in reply to #57605)
Subject: Re: Ran my first Cat/Agco MT

West Texas
Cab is pretty tight on them. Still lets dust in on a corner on the back window though.
But when the door is shut and fan is running, you cannot get the back window shut. Have to open the door.
Brakes are one of it's biggest problems. When I push the brake pedal, I need brakes right then, not count to 3 and then the brakes come on.
They did an update that seemed to have improved them quite a bit. When they did it made the display almost impossible to see. Then they came out and did something to the display to go back to normal but now the brakes are back to before. I really think they took the update out as the guy that did it doesn't know much about computers and it took him 3 trips and about 6 hrs to get his computer to work with it hooked up to our tractor.
It took out my service indicater that I had set up inthere too.

I got the 'pleasure' of running one of our 8420's the other evening on a field cultivator. ILS wasn't working, autosteer quit 3 times on me due to a faulty valve or someything like that. Have to clear codes to get it back to working. I was sure enough plenty p'od for not having my Cat! Even though it doesn't have autosteer we have a Trimble lightbar in it. And I can pull the field cultivator at any speed I want to without it bouncing thru the field, unlike the 8420 with the faulty ILS.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)