AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AC planter unit opener blades
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TWB
Posted 3/14/2009 09:06 (#643945)
Subject: AC planter unit opener blades

I need to replace the seed opener disc blades on a Ac 74 planter units. It a 4 row pull type three bar frame. I think 333 model. The blades are wore out and bearings about shot too. I going to replace them and go over the planter next week while it wet. I price new blades with bearings from a dealer handles those parts and one guy said $75 apiece and another said $80 or $90 apiece. They were out of stock and they were on order so I couldn't get them yesterday anyway. I thought that high, that be $700 to $800 to rework that planter buying the parts from them. I look in my new SHOUP catolog I got at the Machinery Show this morning and they show them $32.95 with bearing and dust cap apiece. That look better, anyway what your opinion on SHOUP replacement parts ? Book says made in North America ( not USA ) and would they been same thing the that dealer would sell me ? By the way the dealer is not local about 70 miles away, reason I check them out because I have some other business in that town yesterday, I don't have local dealers for most of the brands I own, except JD and Kubota and they cater to people cutting grass, not farming. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)