AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well I thought it was cheap. fieldcultivator
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

nebfarmer
Posted 3/14/2009 08:42 (#643920)
Subject: Well I thought it was cheap. fieldcultivator

SE Nebraska, Near Misery and Cans Ass!
I need a field cultivator about 2 hours a year. I found a nearly unused 22 ft. wilrich setting under a colapsed barn. No damage. Bought it for $200, where is as is. Brought in a trackhoe and a couple of chain saws and lifted of the barn parts and cleared a few trees to get there. Half a days time and $400. "Roads" were muddy by then so I left it to pull home another day. I went back to get it the next day and the tires were still up. Good. Headed for home and made it 2 miles to the pavement and a wheelbearing went. Actually thewhole hub came off the axle. Should have checked them. $250 and the other wheel bearings pumped full of grease I am on my way. Five miles and the first tire blew. Put on the spare I had along. Three miles and the secound tire blew. I thought I would take one off the wings and use it. Lug nuts are tight, very tight. They are also rusty and spin on the threads. I go to town and get two new tires. $250. Made it the last ten miles home. The rams are rusty on the wing cylinders and I take them of to polish them. They are pitted bad. I pull them apart to replace the rods and there is moisture in the cylinders and they are junk. The new cylinders are $450 apiece. I still need to replace two more tires and fix the spun lug nuts.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)