AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Combining speed in beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 11/2/2006 21:26 (#57554 - in reply to #57390)
Subject: Re: Combining speed in beans

Brazilton KS

It's all about the header.   I've never been able to make an old one work 'like new,'  it seems that there are just too many things that are a little bit off.  Our 930Fs are full finger.  Many people swear by the full finger augers in the late model heads, but honestly I haven't really seen them to be a big deal.  The 925's which did not have full finger augers worked very well when they were new.  It just seems to me that they go downhill as they get used up.  I did everything there was to do to the old 220 we bought when we first went to a second combine, determined to prove that I could rebuild it just as good as the (then) new 922.  I finally had to admit defeat...no matter how much I fixed there was always one more problem to find. 

The air reels are the best thing since sliced bread (where in the heck did that saying come from, anyhow?)  I wouldn't want to run without them after having them.  We have one Crary Air Reel (the one with the air going down the center tube in the middle of a special pickup reel) and one Crary Wind System, which has a seperate manifold which runs in front of the standard pickup reel.   Both work fine, sometimes conditions favor one or the other slightly because of the difference in angle at which the air is discharged.  The Air Reel is a lot "neater" setup.  The CWS sort of hangs out there in front of everything and all the big silver parts bother me, but I'm not used to running it.  On the other hand, the CWS uses a "normal" pickup reel which is proven to be fairly durable, which dealers will have parts for, and which is a whole lot simpler then the Crary pickup reel involved in the Airreel. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)