AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Home Brew Bin Controller
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/4/2020 08:52 (#7950500 - in reply to #7948871)
Subject: Another Shield

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have a few Shields that I play with. I have one called 1Sheeld that allows communication with a Smartphone via Bluetooth. There are free apps for both Android and IOS devices. I have the IOS version on both my iPhone and iPad. The App allows one to utilize many of the Smartphones input/output devices for some interesting purposes. They include libraries and sample sketches to demonstrate possible uses. I was able to copy their sketches and modify them for my own purposes.

This wouldn't necessarily be useful in your Bin Controller situation but might be helpful in other situations. Using Bluetooth works well but of course the range is limited.

Below is a picture of a remote system that I made for my shop door and shop lights. Pushing the Up arrow on the phone mimics the UP button on my 3-button opener, pushing the Down arrow mimics the DOWN button on the 3 button opener. Either side arrow mimics the STOP button. Pushing any of the colored circles toggles the shop lights to the opposite state.

The next picture is essentially the same hardware but uses a different screen from the App. I use this to cycle the booms on my sprayer to check for leaks/pattern etc. I have a 3 boom sprayer so pushing 1, 2 or 3 turns ON that boom. Pushing 'A' (for ALL) turns ON all three. Pushing '0' turns them all OFF. This could be expanded to do a variety of things.

Edited by tedbear 1/4/2020 08:58

(ShopOpenerArdunioPhone (full).JPG)

(Arduino_Sprayer_Remote (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ShopOpenerArdunioPhone (full).JPG (89KB - 185 downloads)
Attachments Arduino_Sprayer_Remote (full).JPG (81KB - 191 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)