AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

case ih tractor on jd 17790?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 3/8/2009 21:21 (#636552 - in reply to #636059)
Subject: RE: case ih tractor on jd 17790?

This is the Deere page showing hydraulic requirements for a few planters, including the 1790. From it you should be able to determine what kind of hydraulic flow you're going to need.

If you feel you need better hydraulics for your planter, there are several options. If you have a PTO on your 9330, a recent post mentioned an Eaton gearbox/pump that would work. You'll have to rig up a reservoir and maybe a cooler. You could run some of the hydraulics off of that, and some off of the tractor.

Another option would be this thread. Here Fla Veggie Farmer tells how he replaced the factory pump on a 9250 with a 100 GPM unit. I've looked at a 9350 and 9330 side by side and they look pretty much the same for hydraulic pumps so I would imagine it would be similar with your 9330. Towards the bottom of that post he talks about making sure the suction screen isn't plugged up because that can add to your hydraulic flow significantly.

If you don't have a PTO, atom jet has a kit you can use as well.

FYI, I don't have a Case 4WD. I've just been researching them for awhile because they seem like a pretty promising machine for what I want to do. Their only limitation seems to be hydraulics so I've been trying to figure how I could get around that.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)