AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ray ECKS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 3/6/2009 22:15 (#634360 - in reply to #634068)
Subject: RE: Ray ECKS

It's been a long process. Morton's folks were all out of town when it happened and we had to wait almost 2 weeks for their top repair man to get in here to look at it then it took some more time to put the bid together. Then the insurance company has to study it and it's so far over their head I think they just want us to think they are being serious about it. Finally go the ok for the building part just this week. Morton thinks they will have the trusses built and ready to start within 2 weeks.

The insurance company is still argueing with the eletrician and other contractor who has work to do in the shop that was not Morton's. They want us to put in junction boxes and then reuse the electric wire and splice on where it might be too short if it doesn't run in the exact same location. I asked the adjuster if he saw any junction boxes where the wire was spliced now and he said no. I told him that was what it was going to look like when they were done too. He is fast approaching the point I am going to add him to my permanent list of folks who just Pi$$ me off.

All in all we were pretty lucky, the shed was jammed full of machinery and trucks and not a thing in there got scratched. Could have had a bunch of dents and scratches if tin and boards had started coming down inside. Still not sure if it was just straight wind or something more. Did all of that to the barn and didn't break a single Christmas light on the houses.

Next time you're going by stop in. Teresa and I live in the house on the east side, my Dad lives on the west side. I doubt anyone was here today though, Charlie took my Dad and went to Omaha to bid a dirt job and then stopped somewhere on the way back to look at another. I had our two employees with me at Le Loup starting up our air seeder for the first time putting fertilizer down. Had to make 3 trips back after things we didn't have and didn't know where some of the parts had been moved in the hurry up after the storm. It will be nice to get it back together and move things back, but the moving back won't happen until we get some rainy days after planting season.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)