AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD autosteer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

poorboy
Posted 10/30/2006 22:08 (#56589 - in reply to #56236)
Subject: Re: JD autosteer

Southern Alberta
Glensts,

In your initial post you state that your tractors are greenstar ready. I think that this just means that the cable is hooked in already so you just put on a receiver and a display and you have gps. I do not think that this has a steering valve. I am led to believe the tractor needs to be greenstar ready and autotrac ready to have both the gps and steering valves already installed. The steering valves are quite pricy and time consuming to install, if not already done.

I would possibly consider the outback s2 system with display unit and e-drive. You get a second hydraulic valve for not much money, which could be put in your sprayer tractor for spraying after crop emergence or your combine, etc. I have one and my father finds it easy to use, and he doesn't like computers. Substantially cheaper than the Deere system if the steering valve is not already included. Most decent sales people will do a demo for you if you are interested. The ez steer also works well enough for seeding, but the headlands and viewing screen are a joke. Long term I am not sure that the bushings in most steering columns will stand up to the ez-steer. Most steering wheels are designed for occasional use by hand, not 40 corrections per minute for extended periods of time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)