AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Skid Steers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tommy
Posted 3/1/2009 18:58 (#627873 - in reply to #627827)
Subject: RE: Skid Steers

Iowa
I know the newer models better, but would the 873 have a Deutz engine? I'd much rather have the Kubota--read that, MUCH Personally, on any used Bobcat with very many hours on the clock, I'd like service records or a chat with the former owner. Far too many variables here( such as overall condition of each machine) for me to help much with a "blind" bit of advice. 3700 hrs is quite a few if you are going to use it every day (reliability) but not so many for general use. Actually 3700 hrs isn't that many if someone with really good maintenance has had it, but quite a lot if it has been run hard.

"Cab and heat are hard to beat" I'd never buy another skid w/o it. Air cond is ok, but no where near as nice as cab and heat. if the 873 doesn't have cab and heat then I'd go with the 250 hands down. Power bobtach is another option I absolutely will not buy a machine without, and really expensive to add later--bet the 250 has that, also.

Could you wait a little while? Bobcat is coming out with new models--that usually hurts the value of current models (like the S-250) in anything, be it cars, combines, skids, etc.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)