AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Exactrix Nh3 System
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

lvvfarms
Posted 2/24/2009 14:21 (#621194 - in reply to #620942)
Subject: RE: Exactrix Nh3 System

Pollock SD
We have run a exactrix system for 5 years and we like the way it works. The only problem with it is the price to get into it. Back when we bought ours they were only 1/3 to 1/2 the price they are now so it will depend on how many acres you cover and how much you can save from other sources of N to see if it will pay for itself. I have never gotten talked into the tapps system and I just don't see how that could help make the fertilizer more effiecent or effective (although I admit it looks cool), especially with 10-34 double the price of 11-52 in our area. I do agree with being able to lower rates somewhat do to the accuracy to every row, we usually shoot for .8lbs. actual N /bu corn and that seems to be working well for us. We have never had any trouble with plugging with rust or any thing else, they have a very good filtering sysem which we clean at the start of every year and then don't look at them untill next year. We use on the JD no-till drill which works good but in order to not loose any nh3 you have to put your seed boots in the bottom hole to make them run a little deeper which wipes the boot out in one year so that is extra time and money to do that every year. We also use on planter with single disk openors and when we started we put on kinze single disk but in wet conditions we could see a little smoke. Then we tried the bourgalt mid row banders with closeing wheels which worked well for closeing the trench and stopping the smokeing, but they seemed to throw to much dirt. They don't have a wiper wheel and just run a rod beside the disk for a scraper and they run at pretty good angle so they will throw dirt. Then we went with the Dawn single disk openors with a closeing wheel and that also closes the trench very well and it doesn't throw any dirt so that's what I would recomend useing for a single disk openor. The only trouble we had with the Dawns is that we set the tension to high and when we hit big rocks we would break the piece that hooks the spring to opener but after we backed the pressure off we didn't have any more trouble.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)