AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hay and Straw Buildings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Badger
Posted 2/23/2009 22:55 (#620582 - in reply to #619963)
Subject: Re: Hay and Straw Buildings

Huntley Montana
I've got 2 new 80x125x24s 3 sided STEEL sheds comming in monday. 180 is too long for a 60' wide as you loose about 10% of your width for your walls. Had to go 24' high walls to get 20&' under the rafters. I can set 7 rows in there wide with the 1069 wagon, or 9 rows wide of 8' 3x4s. . Topping the stacks I figgure about 850 ton of "idiot bricks" or 1200 ton on 3x4s in each building. I've got 2 48x96x20 open pole hay sheds & 1 60x95 3 sided already. I pulled 2 sheets of tin off the back of the 3 sided shed to get air flow through it, otherwise I was having the hay get "dusty" from drawing moisture out of the night air after warming up during the day. I'm going to leave 2-3 sheets off the end wall in the new building for the same reason. My new sheds are going to be facing SW-NE with the opening to the SW. Thinking this will allow the sun to hit all 4 walls every day to keep the ground dry around the shed preventing moisture/snow from building up around the building. I have 2-3' of POSTIVE Drainage pad that the building is sitting on.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)