AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where is the stash of cheap new parts for IH800 planter units?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 2/23/2009 13:17 (#619836)
Subject: Where is the stash of cheap new parts for IH800 planter units?

After a couple of design iterations of my 15" bean drill (the latest is a cih5500 sbs copy with drill boxes) it's probably time to take a look at the planter units. When I started out with it being a blow planter I installed new leading disks and replaced a few gauge wheels. Over the years I've replaced more gauge wheels and press wheels/press wheel bearings, but really have not done much else. It worked ok last year, but I think I'm pushing the limit with seed boots and disk closers (I installed the offset kit, but the disks are worn and many are bent). With the planter being 20 rows and caseih knowing how to charge for parts things add up in a hurry, so I'd like to explore every possibility for upgrades (including buying old 800 planters with good parts on them).

Since these planters are getting pretty old, I was hoping I could find this big pile of new parts that know one bought - pretty sure that's not happening any time soon. What do you guys do for parts for the older planter units? Anyone have a pile of new or near parts laying around?

Thanks,

Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)