AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

more inflation vs deflation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

FlyLow
Posted 1/29/2009 20:17 (#589689 - in reply to #589334)
Subject: Specifically,

South Texas

Dear WYDave,

"There ain't no "buy, buy, buy!" furor out there just now."

Well, yesterday I was at the Dodge dealer, thinkin' of replacing the 282,000 mile Z-71 with something just a little better.  Guy offered a new 2008 Ram 1500, Hemi, 4WD, quad short bed with decent additives for $28,500.  Before I could swig some of that wonderful free coffee, he offered to check with his boss and came back with $25,500 cash price.  I presume that, too, is negotiable but didn't pursue it.

Punchline:  After spousal unit and I talked it over, we figured it was a decent truck and offer, but just flat don't want to part with any cash right now.  I reckon we agree with your analysis and are acting on it. 'Nuff said.

Thanks for all your information.  Since Nov '08 when too many oddities to ignore began seeping into my consciousness and I began reading everything I could on the economy, I've come to understand the obvious hyperinflation to come isn't exactly obvious.  We shouldn't rule it out though, I think.  Given the concentration of ingenious stupidity in Washington, it can be done. 

Take care.  Stetts

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)